Silk Paithani Saree
PAI2SSAR219Regular price Rs.112,500.00 INR
Handwoven Silk Paithani Saree With Brocade Border Of Lotus With Temple, Zari Bootis All Over, Lotus Pallu In Brocade Zari
Here’s an auspiscious drape that will add value to your wardrobe.
Silk Paithani Saree is a handloom Saree in 100% pure Mulberry Silk yarn that comes from Bengaluru and handwoven in a village in Maharashtra. Known as handwoven poems in Gold and Silk, Paithani Saree speaks of grandeur and indeed are considered glory of Maharashtra! Absolutely revered, these hold a treasured place in the trousseau of a Maharashtrian bride. In the ancient times it was considered no less than an ornamental treasure & was in fact used as currency. Fine Silk from China with real Gold & Silver yarns were used to weave a Paithani & Romans imported this golden woven fabric in exchange for gold of equal weight. Even today in many households it is considered as a precious heirloom that is passed on from generation to generation. It’s a heritage!
The border & pallu are of brocade, woven with Zari and multiple coloured Silk yarns. Now, typically, Silk weighs about 500gms & Zari around 250gms. The Zari has Silver mixed with Copper for strength & then plated Gold by dipping in Gold water. All metals are pure. The body of a Paithani Saree has bootis but highlight is the border design & pallu, characterizing the Paithani style. Motifs are Traditional, inspired from figures in Ajanta Caves and are derived from nature that forms an essential part of human life. Paithani motifs are usually large in scale & colours used are multiple & bold, forming its unique feature.
This Silk Paithani Saree is bright red colour with Brocade border in Gold Zari and topped by a small temple border. The Brocade border has Resham motifs in floral pattern of Lotus. The pallu too is Brocade (in Gold Zari) in Lotus motif to match with the border. The body has Gold Zari coin bootis. The attached blouse piece is plain silk in body colour red & running with Brocade border with Lotus motif on one side and on the other side a plain Resham border.
In Indian art form, the motif used, has always been inspired from the activities of daily life of that time, the prevalent beliefs of that period, and the existing practice and cultural influences. In Paithani craft also, this is no different. Lotus flower is one such which till today is considered sacred and has many spiritual connotations.
Lotus is the divine seat of Goddess Lakshmi and is also associated with many other Hindu deities. Lotus is placed highly as it symbolises the purity of consciousness, for, though grown in dirty water yet does not allow itself to be soiled by dirt.
Hence this flower commands great importance, respect & gives inspiration to many... so much so, that when used as a motif on Paithani Weave, it becomes a special & a highly valued saree involving intricate design that takes long time to weave. To weave it on a paithani is no joke. Only about 3” or so gets woven in a day! Imagine that... Thus these Sarees are very special with high price points.
Type - Handwoven Silk Paithani Saree
Material – Mulberry Silk
Colour – Red
Length – 5.5 Mtrs
Blouse Pc – 70 Cms
7 Day Exchange for unstitched garments (saris, stoles or dupattas)*, Silver Jewellery & Fashion Jewellery
Exchanges will be accepted only in the case of manufacturing defect or dispatch of incorrect item. Your exchange request should be sent by email to email@example.com within 24 hours of receipt of the package. The product should then be couriered back to Artisansaga within 7 days of receipt of the same. Your garment must be in its original unused condition to be exchanged. The garment should also be sent back in the original packaging with the bills and tags intact.
*Not Applicable for Blouse Materials. Exchange of Blouse Materials is not possible
In additon, the following products are not eligible for exchange:
- Saris that have been customized by availing Artisan Saga's "Fall & Pico" Service are NOT ELIGIBLE FOR EXCHANGE
- Saris that have the blouse detached, tassels made or fall stitched BY YOU are not eligible for exchange
- Made to Order Saris are not eligible for exchange
Item to be exchanged to be returned to us within 7 days of the date of receipt of goods by customer
1. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an exchange and we will acknowledge your exchange.
2. Mail your returned item along with the original packaging material to:
Living Spaces A Vision
2, Chaudhary House, Club Drive,
Ghitorni, New Delhi - 110030
Mob: +91 9971008407
3. You can choose an alternate product of the same same, lower or higher value for the product accepted by us. as exchange
4. In case the value of the alternate product is higher you will have to pay the difference. If the value is lower, we will issue you a credit note for the balance value.
5. In case you are unable to find an alternate product immediately, we’ll send you a credit note for the value of the item(s) that you exchange. This credit note can be utilized against a future purchase later. This Credit Note will be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issue
1. Artisansaga does not allow cancellation of orders. The customer is eligible to exchange the product as per our exchange policy.
2. The buyer will be responsible for any applicable customs and duties for both the returned shipment and the items we ship in exchange.
5. Once receipt of the product, we’ll begin the exchange process. You can then pick and choose an alternate product from our wide range of handcrafted jewellery at artisansaga.com
6. If the value of the alternate product is lower than the returned product, we’ll provide you with a credit note for the difference.
Note: The buyer will be responsible for any applicable customs and duties for both the returned shipment and the items we ship in exchange.
How to return an item
1. To avail of the 7 day exchange, your item must be returned in its original unused condition to reach us within 7 days of receipt of your shipment.
2. Mail your returned item to:
Living Spaces A Vision
2, Chaudhary House, Club Drive,
Ghitorni, New Delhi - 110030 - India
Mob: +91 9971008407
Note: Any applicable customs and duties for returned items will be borne by you.
FOR INDIAN ADDRESSESartisansaga.com offers free shipping to all locations in India.
Octroi (entry tax) will be charged at certain locations within India and will be borne by the customer.
Deliveries to Indian addresses will be made within 3-5 days from the date of order.
FOR INTERNATIONAL ADDRESSESDeliveries outside India are charge Rs. 2100.00 per Sari and Rs.1500.00 per Dupatta and Rs.1500.00 per Jewellery Product.
Deliveries to non-Indian addresses will be made within 3-5 business days from the date of order.
Customs ClearanceBased on the country of import, our carriers may need to get customs clearance and pay for customs, duties and taxes for the goods on the customer’s behalf before delivery. The incurred customs, duties and taxes will be paid back by the customer to the carrier.
Shipping to Multiple AddressAll products ordered in one cart will be shipped to one shipping address. If you need the products delivered to more than one shipping address place your orders separately with the different addresses.
Tamper-proof PackagingAll our shipments come in tamper-proof packaging. Please do not accept delivery of the package if it is tampered. If the customer accepts a tampered parcel, we will be unable to fulfill any exchange or refund request.
artisansaga.com reserves the right to release information to local, state, central or international law enforcement officials if required by the law or if authorized by a Court.